Last night we had a great evening of family fun at the County Fair. It was crowded, loud, dirty, and smelly -- and TONS OF FUN! You'd think I'd be sick of it after 20+ years of attendance, but I love everything about the fair. Where else can you catch up with long-lost friends and neighbors while stuffing yourself silly on divine treats like fried dill pickles and funnel cakes? There is just something about the sensory-overload of it all that just makes me happy. Some of my favorite childhood memories are of evenings spent at the fair. Now you guys get to make those memories of your own!

Sheer, unadulterated joy.......
Tori, I just love this picture of you.

You two had a blast, too.

Sitting on a bale of hay with my favorite 10-year-old, snacking on roasted corn
and a big cup of hot, boiled peanuts.......does life get any better than this?

No trip to the fair would be complete without a game of fishing.
Good thing Bogie was there to help reel them in
so you could each "win" a stuffed puppy.
While we were waiting in line for the 25th time, I glanced over and caught these two brothers accidentally showing each other how much they love each other.
Every year, we manage to get a kooky picture of Daddy enjoying fair-food.
2008 was no exception!
I don't know about you, but I'm already looking forward to next September!
Love,
Mommy
1 comment:
I just LOVE the shot of Tori! Way to go little miss photographer!
love
kj
Post a Comment