Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thoughts on Thanksgiving

My little turkeys,

Happy Thanksgiving! We have a crazy-busy day ahead, as Davis and Jackson will be playing in a total of three football games at the Turkey Bowl Classic tournament over in Cobb County today! I have lots more I want to share with you about this special day, but for now I'll leave you with this poem I found in your Dad's Bible a few months ago. I think the words below sum up my feelings on this holiday (and life in general!) about as well as any could!

Love,
Mommy


Today

I asked God for strength that I might achieve.
I was made weak that I might humbly learn to obey.

I asked for health that I might do greater things.
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.

I asked for riches that I might be happy.
I was given poverty that I might be wise.

I asked for power that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I asked for vision that I might control my future.
I was given awareness that I be grateful for the now.

I got nothing I asked for - but everything I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.

I am among all people most richly blessed.

~Anonymous

No comments: