My sweet, firstborn son,
Never have I been more certain of the existence of God than when I look at you. Eleven years ago today, you entered this world and changed my world forever. I remember looking down at you when you were a tiny baby and wondering how God could trust me with your precious little life. Though I didn’t realize it at the time, God knew what He was doing all along. In you, I found my purpose and, more importantly ~ His promise.
In more ways than I can even explain, your birth was a great blessing to those around you. There is an African proverb that says, “It takes a village to raise a child.” Fortunately for you and me, God put us in the midst of a village that truly put those words in motion. From the moment you were born, you were surrounded by people who loved and cared for you. I like to think that each of those people played a role in shaping you into the fine young man you are today.
Never have I been more certain of the existence of God than when I look at you. Eleven years ago today, you entered this world and changed my world forever. I remember looking down at you when you were a tiny baby and wondering how God could trust me with your precious little life. Though I didn’t realize it at the time, God knew what He was doing all along. In you, I found my purpose and, more importantly ~ His promise.
In more ways than I can even explain, your birth was a great blessing to those around you. There is an African proverb that says, “It takes a village to raise a child.” Fortunately for you and me, God put us in the midst of a village that truly put those words in motion. From the moment you were born, you were surrounded by people who loved and cared for you. I like to think that each of those people played a role in shaping you into the fine young man you are today.
So many people love you, Davis Alexander. You are the result of so many hopes and dreams. Looking back now, I can see that from the moment you were created, God was holding you…..and us….in the palm of His hand. He knew exactly what He was doing when He brought you into our lives when He did, and I am so thankful that you were part of His great plan.
Your Dad’s favorite Bible verse, Jeremiah 29:11, says, “For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” You are living proof of the power of those words. You, sweet boy, are our promise. YOU are our hope and our future! Your Dad and I love you more than you could ever know, Davis. We are so proud to be your parents, and we can’t wait to see what God has in store for you! I have no doubt that you will continue to challenge and impact the hearts and lives of those around you. You are such a kind, gentle soul, and I love watching you grow and mature with each passing year. I see you developing a deep love for God and a heartfelt compassion for humanity, and your sweet, sincere faith inspires me every day. My greatest hope is that you will continue to acknowledge and honor God in all that you do.
To put it simply, Davis, you are my heart. I am so thankful that God saw fit to grant us the gift of you. As we celebrate your special day today, I pray you will always remember His promise and the love that always surrounds you.
Happy birthday, son. I love you!
Love,
Mommy
Your Dad’s favorite Bible verse, Jeremiah 29:11, says, “For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” You are living proof of the power of those words. You, sweet boy, are our promise. YOU are our hope and our future! Your Dad and I love you more than you could ever know, Davis. We are so proud to be your parents, and we can’t wait to see what God has in store for you! I have no doubt that you will continue to challenge and impact the hearts and lives of those around you. You are such a kind, gentle soul, and I love watching you grow and mature with each passing year. I see you developing a deep love for God and a heartfelt compassion for humanity, and your sweet, sincere faith inspires me every day. My greatest hope is that you will continue to acknowledge and honor God in all that you do.
To put it simply, Davis, you are my heart. I am so thankful that God saw fit to grant us the gift of you. As we celebrate your special day today, I pray you will always remember His promise and the love that always surrounds you.
Happy birthday, son. I love you!
Love,
Mommy
1 comment:
Your mom said it all Davis! We love you so much! I was just thinking at your birthday party about how you are becoming such a fine young man, a true role model for Ezra. He is so lucky to have you as a cousin!
love
aunt karinna
Post a Comment