Saturday, October 11, 2008

Queen for the Day



My idea of a perfect birthday:



  • Sleeping in til 8 AM

  • Waking up to four smiling kids and one sweet husband bearing the most precious home-made cards and a scrumptious breakfast-in-bed, consisting of French toast topped with homemade blackberry compote and whipped cream, a spinach frittata and pumpkin-spice latte, all prepared by my oldest son and his Dad

  • Sitting back and relaxing as my sweet Momma and Davis scrubbed my kitchen from top to bottom

  • Going to Jackson's football game and watching those little fellas win BIG

  • Coming home and eating leftovers from Maggiano’s for lunch....mmmmmmm........

  • Taking a little nap -- which was only interrupted by Tori and Carter a few times ;~)

  • Hanging out with my kooky, animal-loving friends at Petco and leaving with one fewer puppy than I arrived with (which is always a good thing!)

  • Heading to Davis' football game and watching what was by far the most exciting game of the season, ending with a winning score of 21-0!

  • Enjoying a tasty, free dinner at Provino’s with my sweet family and friends

  • Arriving back home to have those same four, smiling kids and sweet hubby present me with a slice of homemade, chocolate-ganache cheesecake topped with glowing candles
  • Having my nighttime chores done for me and going to bed with a happy heart, appreciating all of the wonderful cards, gifts and birthday wishes that came to me today


Today, I got everything on my list.

I'm not sure that I deserved one bit of it, but I'm grateful just the same.

My heart is full.

I am so blessed.

I have the best family and friends in the whole, wide world. Thanks for being part of my perfect birthday, ya’ll! I love you very much.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: