Saturday, January 3, 2009

I Believe

Dear Nan,
I think we witnessed a little miracle this afternoon! Just before lunch today, you got sick. After emptying the contents of your tummy several times (bleh!), you developed a severe stomachache. You went from your normal self to being deathly pale and writhing in pain in the matter of one hour. I usually don't get too riled up when you kids get sick, but the look of misery on your face scared me enough that I called the nurse hotline to see if you needed to be taken to the emergency room. After explaining your symptoms and pain level to the nurse over the phone, she thought it would be best to take you to the ER to get checked out. Daddy and Jackson were in North GA (picking up some new chairs Mommy found on Craigslist), so we packed up Tori and Carter to drop them off at B's house as you and I headed to the hospital.
On the way to B's, we prayed out loud and asked God for help. With you curled up in a ball in the back seat, we asked God to help you feel better.......to help you not be scared.......to help heal your body from whatever was causing you so much pain. We prayed for safety as we drove to the hospital and we prayed for the doctors and nurses at the hospital......that they would have the knowledge and wisdom to help diagnose the problem and make you feel better.
You didn't feel well enough to speak, but I am pretty sure you were praying along with us silently.......
So we dropped off the little ones and we were almost to the hospital when I called Daddy. I told him what was going on and he mentioned that maybe the yogurt you (and only you) ate for breakfast could have been spoiled. He suggested that we stop by the drugstore near the hospital and pick up a bottle of liquid PeptoBismol. He seemed to think that a big swig of that would cure whatever ailed you. Based upon how you looked, I wasn't very confident, but I agreed to quickly try it. I ran into CVS and got a bottle of the icky, pink stuff. It comes with a nice little measuring cup, so I poured you a healthy dose and had you chug it right there in the van. Just in case, we had your barf-bucket nearby!
Would you believe ~ within 15 minutes, you were starting to feel better! I ran back in the store and got you some ginger ale (to which you immediately asked, "Is it soda? Because if it is, I don't want any." You kooky health-nut, you!). You started sipping that, and a few minutes later you said you were hungry! Instead of going to the hospital, we made a quick run through Chick-fil-a before heading back home.
So, let's recap:
In one hour, you went from being sick, sick, sick and headed to the hospital~
to practically normal!
And we're left wondering.......
Was it the Pepto that cured you? The ginger ale?
They might have helped, but I'm giving all the credit to the prayers that your family sent up on your behalf to the God who cares for you even more than we do.
So, if you ever wonder if your mom believes in miracles.......
.........the answer is yep, I sure do!
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

karinna jean said...

Oh I am so glad you are OK Davis. I'm praying a prayer of thanksgiving!