Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tori's "Date" With Daddy


Dear Tori,


Tonight, I went on a date.

It wasn’t with your mom, but it was with my beautiful daughter.

Tonight, I went on a date.

I didn’t go to a fancy restaurant or get waited-on, but there was food involved (like cookies and juice).

Tonight, I went on a date.

It wasn’t to a concert or the symphony, but lots of fun music was played – and there was a lot of dancing going on.

Tonight, I went on a date.

I put on my best suit and newly polished shoes, and my date put on her Sunday best – she even wore a corsage.

Tonight, I went on a date.

While the atmosphere may have been less than romantic (the Alcova Elementary School gym), there was no shortage of love.

Tonight, I went on a date.

Do you know who I went with and what we did?

I went on a date with you, Tori, and I couldn’t have asked for a better companion. We went to your school "Daddy-Daughter Dance" and you looked as beautiful as ever.  We danced the night away! What more could one father ask for, than a night with his only daughter, just the two of us.

Tori, tonight you went on a date – your first date, and I hope that I taught you how a gentlemen should treat you.  He should open doors for you, bring you refreshments and treat you like a queen. While you are still many years from seeking your mate in life, I pray that when God does bring that man into your life, he'll be a true gentlemen with a heart for God and a heart for YOU. 

Until that day arrives, though…

here’s to more dates…

just you and me….

my little Cinderella.

Love,
Daddy






No comments: