Saturday, February 13, 2010

Winter Wonderland

"Snowflakes are kisses from heaven."
~Author Unknown



There is just something so magical about snow, especially when you only experience it once or twice a year. I absolutely love it. A lot of people moan and groan about the inconvenience of it all, but I think it's God's simple way of making us step back and take a break, even if only for a day. The cars are parked, work and other events are cancelled and we are all sort of forced to just sit back and enjoy a little time with the ones we love. And you sure can't beat the view.....the woods behind our house turned into a winter wonderland in a matter of minutes and the scene outside our windows was just breathtaking.  I wonder how anyone could possibly dislike something so beautiful that was created by God's own hand? I hope you guys never get so busy or jaded with life that you loose your wonder and fascination with His amazing creations….

While I was manning the camera, y'all were having a major snowball fight with the neighbors in the front yard. I'm not sure who was having more fun - the kids or the dads! At one point, I think we had about 30 folks (plus a few dogs!) out frolicking in the snow. Everyone pitched in to build an enormous, seven-foot-tall snowman in front of the house across the street, and it was neat to see how that simple activity became a "meet and greet" with the neighbors. After you were good and wet and filthy, everyone got a hot shower and warmed up with some hot chocolate and a few slices of Daddy's homemade pizza.

Good times......

There's no doubt in my mind ~
God definitely knew what he was doing when he sent us that snow.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

karinna jean said...

Great picts, Chi! I love the one of Davis with the blurred edges. I think Chris enjoyed the snow just as much as Ezra did, too! I kept having to wipe off my camera, so I finally called it quits with pictures and joined in on the fun.