Monday, June 7, 2010

Harbor Island 2010

My little beach bunnies,
I didn't really want to go on vacation this year, but your Daddy and Grandmother B vetoed me.  It's a good thing they did, because we ended up having a blast last week in Harbor Island, SC.  The beach was peaceful, quiet, and totally wonderful.  We practically had the entire place to ourselves on several occasions, which was really nice! Thanks to our sweet B providing a lovely home for us to stay in and Valerie giving us some extra spending cash, we got to do some really fun things, like visiting the USS Yorktown and touring Fort Sumter over in Charleston.  Daddy and I even got to show y'all where we stayed during our honeymoon!  Davis, you were totally in your element, with much of South Carolina's Civil War history right at your fingertips.  Tori, thanks to your waterproof cast, you had a blast in the private pool across the street.  Jackson and Carter, I had no idea how much fun you two would have making sand castles and battlefields out on the beach.  I was trying to figure out a way to bring a bunch of that sand home, since it occupied the two of you so well. 

You guys were so sweet as you took turns saying the blessing over our meals each day, never forgetting to thank God for allowing us to take yet another incredible family vacation.  I never cease to be amazed at how very good He is to our little family. 

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Jennifer Coleman said...

Tears!! Just beautiful....what great memories that I know you each treasure. Your blog reflects your beautiful Christ-like heart.

Karl said...

Good job, Mommy!

Good job, Good job...*clap* *clap*
Good job, Good job...*clap* *clap*

Praise God for the trip!

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Chandler: Your Mom directed me to your blog and I'm so glad she did. What a beautiful tribute to your kids. God bless you all, Ellen Fay (a co-worker of your Mom's).