Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Marvelous Middle Child

Dear Jackson,

Happy birthday, buddy! Today you are seven years old. How time flies.......it seems like only yesterday that Daddy and I were bringing you home from the hospital! So much has changed in our lives during the last seven years, but you have taken it all in stride.


Welcome to the world, Jackson Robert!

You weren't "the baby" for very long before Tori and Carter came along. Sometimes I worry that you get the short end of the stick as our "middle" child. Davis is special because he's the oldest, Tori is special because she's the girl, and Carter is special because he's the baby. But I hope you always know how special you are, too, just because you're YOU! My sweet, sassy, strong-willed little man..........there's no one else like you!

My "monkey-tumpey"

One of my favorite things about you is that you are such a good friend. You have such a kind, generous heart and you always see the best in people. My heart smiles when you come inside from playing to ask for a drink and snack not only for yourself, but for your neighborhood playmates, as well. You are always quick to share with others, which makes me so proud of you!


Jack and Jackson, best friends since two months of age

In celebration of your big day, Davis spent his own money to buy a Bible for you. He loves to read and learn God's word, and he wants you to be able to do the same. As you grow, let the words in that Good Book be your guide, and always know how much are treasured and loved by your God and your family!

Daddy reads a Bible story to you and Sasha

Remember, Jackson, my marvelous middle child........I wouldn't trade you for anything! You always keep me on my toes, and I love you for it.
Happy 7th Birthday!


Love, Mommy

No comments: