Saturday, May 3, 2008

Last But Not Least




My sweet Carter Daniel,
Happy birthday! I can't believe that you are FOUR years old today. As hard as I try, I can't seem to keep you from growing up on me!
Mommy and Daddy came to your preschool birthday celebration
I have loved every minute of watching you grow from a snuggley little newborn, to an adventurous toddler, to a rough-and-tumble preschooler. When you were five months old, I gave up my day job so that I could spend lots of time with you and relish every second of your early years. I was so busy when your brothers and sister were growing up, I can hardly remember their baby days! I knew you'd be our last baby, so I made sure I would get to soak in every minute of your childhood.




Mommy and "Pokey"


You and I have so much fun together, don't we? You are my little buddy, a constant companion at my side. You are so smart and so silly! You make me laugh every single day! Your Grandmother B calls you her "Cherub," and the name fits you perfectly. My sweet angel-boy, God was certainly smiling kindly on all of us when He created you!

I sure do love you, little boy.
But do me a favor, would you?
Don't grow up too fast, okay?

Love,

Mommy

No comments: