Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ain't NO Mountain High Enough

Tori and Mama, headed HOME ~ August 4, 2002


Listen, baby
Ain't no mountain high
Ain't no valley low
Ain't no river wide enough, baby
If you need me, call me
No matter where you are
No matter how far
Just call my name
I'll be there in a hurry
You don't have to worry
'Cause baby, there ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you, babe
Remember the day
I set you free
I told you
You could always count on me, darling
From that day on, I made a vow
I'll be there when you want me
Some way, some how
'Cause baby, there ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you
No wind, no rain or winter cold
Can stop me baby
'Cuz you are my goal
My love is alive
Way down in my heart
Although we are miles apart
If you ever need a helping hand
I'll be there on the double
As fast as I can
Don't you know that
There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you
~Marvin Gaye

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Tori,

This song will always remind me of you. When you were a little baby and still living at Mommy's work, the movie "Remembering the Titans" had just come out. Somebody brought in the soundtrack, and since it had so many great songs we played it for you guys a lot. Sometimes when you were fussy, I would snuggle you up in your blanket and we would dance around the room with this song playing in the background. The words were actually quite appropriate for our situation at the time, as Daddy and I felt like we were climbing mountains to try and get you home! At any rate, I don't know if it was the music, the dancing or the snuggling, but you usually calmed right down......

You aren't a baby any more, but I think the words in this song apply just as much today as they did when we were waiting to bring you home! I hope maybe they can bring you the same comfort now that they did back then. So whenever you hear this song, imagine that I am holding you close and singing these words to you ~
just like I did so long ago......
:0)

Love,
Mama

No comments: