Dear Tori,
We were chatting as I fixed your hair for church yesterday morning and we got on the subject of heaven. This is not unusual, actually, as for several years now you have been quite fascinated with the whole concept of the hereafter. You always have lots of questions for me, ranging from who will be there (LaTonya and Grandma June topping your list) to what we will eat when we get there (typical Tori -- wondering about the food!). Yesterday, your big question was, "Will I be able to bring Bun-Bun?" That silly pink rabbit has certainly seen better days, but you do love her so! I explained that we don't really take anything to heaven with us, because everything we could ever need or want will already be there. I could see your little brain-wheels spinning on that one.....
Interestingly, one of my favorite songs, The Light of That City, was sung in church a few hours later. It is so beautiful and it makes me cry every time I hear it! Listen for yourself and try to picture in your mind the awesomeness of what their voices are describing. I don't know about you, but I can't wait to get there and experience it first-hand!
Oh, and one more thing.
I think God is well-aware
of how much you love your Bun-Bun......
......and if you still need her by the time you get to heaven,
I'm pretty sure she'll be there waiting for you.
Love,
MamaIn this house we've built of make believe
Loved ones go long before, seems it's time to leave
But we will learn how to grieve, to forgive and receive
'Till we see them there in that city
Span of stars overhead as we walk this road
While this darkness remains, I will bear your load
And together we will tend the seed He's sown
As we walk along the road to that city
On that day we will sing "Holy, Holy"
On that day we'll bow down in the light
And then we'll rise and turn our eyes
To the Lord, Jesus Christ, on that day
Though my eyes can't see what is waiting there
Though my mind can't conceive all that He's prepared
There the blind will see the sun, what was old will be young
And the lame, they will run all over the streets of that city
On that day we will sing "Holy, Holy"
On that day we'll bow down in the light
And then we'll rise and turn our eyes
To the Lord, Jesus Christ
On that day........
~The Light of That City, Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
1 comment:
That is one of my favorite songs, too! I cannot get through the song without tears streaming down my face. -Allison
Post a Comment