Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's All About Love


Crafty kiddos,

The sweetest little card and letter came in the mail today. It was from one of the residents at Baba's work who received one of the valentines we made. Here's what her letter said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Chandler, Karl, Carter, Tori, Jackson and Davis,

This is just a note to thank you all for my hand made Valentine that was beside my plate on Valentines Day. I am one of the old people that your grandmother takes care of when she goes to work at K.B. I have never had any grandchildren of my own so I have not had a hand made Valentine since my children were little and I helped make them so many years ago.

I have been friends with your grandmother ever since I moved in here to live about a year and a half ago. My room is right down the hall from her office and I see her often. I want to thank your mother and father for helping you to do this and for understanding what it would mean to us old people.

I want to thank you Carter, Tori, Jackson and Davis for thinking of us and doing such a kind and unselfish thing. I especially want to thank you Jackson, because the one I got was one that you made. I will always remember how special it made me feel.

As I sat at the table I could hear others commenting on their own cards and everyone was surprised and pleased to get them.

Thank you all.

Love and prayers,
Mrs. S
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And THAT,
my friends,
is why we took the time
to make those cards!

:0)

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

GA Girl Politics said...

GREAT GREAT GREAT idea & wonderful learning expierence for the kiddos about how precious life is, not only from conception, but up until natural death. You are a GREAT mommy & I admire you!! Love ya - MC