Tori and Mama, Summer 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prayer for This Child
I do not know
how I am to pray for this child
as a mother I don't want my baby denied
but in the waiting
in the waiting
I learned to hold on
to the heart of God
every instinct in me wants to shield her from pain
take the arrows of misery, heartache and blame
but in the sorrow
in the sorrow
I learned to hold on
to the heart of God
I only have two eyes - be All-Seeing
I only have two hands - be Everywhere
I do not know enough - be All-Knowing
I give my baby up
into YOUR care
I do not know how I am to pray for this child
I want to guard her from everything wicked and wild
but in the trial
in the trial
I learned to hold on
And in the trial
in your trials you'll learn
to hold on
to the heart of God
~Sara Groves
(pause the music at the bottom if you want to watch the video)

1 comment:
Be steadfast & don't give up!! Scripture gives us many promises that we can hold tight & one of my favorites is "Train up a child in the way he/she should go & when he is old he will not depart from it" Proverbs 22:6 and also, "Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him." Psalms 126:5,6
I love you & am praying for you!
Post a Comment