Today was a day you have been looking forward to all year - or, should I say, the past SIX years! This morning, Daddy, B, Carter and I sat in the school cafeteria with a few hundred other parents and watched as you graduated from the fifth grade. You looked so grown up and it was so wonderful to see you having such fun with your classmates. I am so proud of you for making all A's this year (and every other year of your elementary school career, in fact!), but I am even more proud of the wonderful young man you have become.
As I watched you play with your friends at field day this afternoon, I noticed how genuinely kind and respectful you are to others. Your teachers are always quick to tell me what a neat kid you are, and it is very apparent that your peers really look up to you. You have such a great attitude and people really enjoy being with you. You have a natural way of putting others at ease and a quiet confidence that makes others take notice of you. Without even knowing it, you are letting God's light shine through you........and that trait means more to your Dad and me than your grades ever will!
You have made the most of your God-given talents and abilities, ALWAYS putting your best foot forward, and look how far you've come! In the words of your Grandmother B,
"You're a good kid, Charlie Brown" ~
and we are so proud of you!
Love,
Mommy
"......Lord, let me shine
"......Lord, let me shine
Shine like the moon
A reflection of You
ALL that I do
Lord, let me be
a light for Your truth
Light of the World,
I want to be used
To shine for YOU......"
~Salvador
Getting your certificate of achievement from Dr. Ford
Showing off your certificate and medal for getting all A's
B is really proud of you, too!
Field Day - football sprint (you look like you are flying!)
Doing a Tarzan imitation on the rope swing
Carter got in on the fun, too!
Who's the fastest man at Alcova this year???
YOU!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment